NIGHTSEA® Fluorescence Viewing Systems
The patented (US Pat. No. 10,175,467) Eclipse MicroTent™ is a unique product for fluorescence microscopy that provides local darkness around conventional laboratory stereo microscopes. Fluorescence microscopes are kept in dark rooms for good reason – fluorescence can be weak and in many cases it can be difficult to see well if there is any ambient light. Microscopes may be on lab benches in shared spaces, near windows, or in other difficult-to-darken locations such as in the field. Turning off overhead lights can help but inconveniences others.
The Eclipse Microtent™ creates local darkness around a microscope while still providing easy access to the sample stage and the focus and zoom controls. It is designed for stereo microscopes but could potentially be used with many varieties of compound microscopes.
- Opening for the microscope oculars with elastic sleeve to minimize light entry
- Large front flap provides easy access to the sample stage and can fasten open
- Arm slots on sides to provide access to focus and zoom controls
- User-customizable feedthrough patches to provide additional penetrations for camera port, power cords, CO2 lines, or other features as you need
- Tru-Block™ Eye Shields included with every Eclipse MicroTent
- Folds flat for storage
- Dimensions: 46 x 30 x 50 cm (18 x 12 x 20 in.)
Light entering your eyes from the side can interfere with what you want to see in microscopy in general, and fluorescence microscopy in particular. Eye cups are available, but the standard ones don’t extend far from the microscope and don’t do a good job as ambient light increases. Our soft, molded rubber high-sided microscope eye shields are the answer. The tall wings extend up far enough to truly shield your eyes from any level of ambient light and eliminate distractions so that you can see your subject better. Two pairs (one Standard, one Compact) are included with every Eclipse MicroTent™, and you can also purchase them separately.
The Tru-Block Eye Shields are available in two sizes
- Standard – fits 36 – 45mm (1.45 – 1.75″)
- Compact – fits 28 – 37mm (1.10 – 1.46″)